The Ministry of Defence has confirmed a sonic device will be deployed in London during the Olympics.
The American-made Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) can be used to send verbal warnings over a long distance or emit a beam of pain-inducing tones.
The equipment was spotted fixed to a landing craft on the Thames at Westminster this week.
The manufacturer denies it is a weapon and the MoD said it would be used “primarily in the loud hailer mode”.
A spokesman for the San Diego-based LRAD Corporation said the1000Xi was “an effective long range communications system that broadcasts focused, highly intelligible, multi-language messages, instructions and warnings over distances up to 3,000 metres to peacefully resolve uncertain situations”.
LRAD was for example prevously used in Pittsburgh G20:
Join us on Facebook
- Rape of Iraqi Women by US Forces as Weapon of War: Photos and Data Emerge | Asia…
- Scientists invent ‘cannabis without the high’ (Yahoo via AFP)
- Magic Mushroom could treat depression
- Please tell me again how hard your life is
- RAF Set for Syria No-Fly Zone (SAS and SBS Troops on the Ground), 2 million Syrian children affected
- The only difference between these two notes?
- Special Forces scandal as officers are held ‘for trying to leak secrets’
- Is The Atacama Mommy From The ‘Sirius’ Documentary Humanoid Or Alien ?
- Pope Francis: Disturbing facts about Jorge Mario Bergoglio
Tags1984 afghanistan africa Africom Central Asia china cia Conflict Covert Operations Diplomacy Economics Energy Flashpoint gmo India Intelligence iran Israel Local Mali middle east Military Operations Nato Natural Gas Natural Resources NWO Oil Pakistan Pentagon Political Geography Proxy War Russia science security Special Forces Special Operations Strategy surveillance syria territorial dispute Turkey United States Videos war Weapons